Our webinar series continues to grow, bringing you more opportunities to engage with peers, keep up to date with COVID-19 and develop your surgical career. You can find our recorded webinars and register for upcoming events below.
All of our webinars are free for RCS England members and fellows.
If you have feedback on our events, want to suggest new ideas or have any questions, please get in touch.
We keep a catalogue of our past webinars to provide accessible advice for members at all career stages, covering queries from how to write a paper, to the latest on less than full-time training. If there’s a subject you’d like us to cover next, please get in touch with our events team.
More recorded webinars
- Surgical myth-busting: find out if surgery as a career is anything like those TV shows we all love to binge watch.
- Demystifying the NHS pension scheme: advice on financial planning for retirement, with the aim of supporting you to retire well and on your own terms
- Interview skills: best practices for medical students and foundation trainees to employ during their core surgical training interviews.
- Job planning: advice and tips on producing an effective job plan.
- Transition to a specialty doctor or surgeon role: guidance for junior trainees on becoming specialty doctors.
- Getting published: detailed information on how you can go about getting your paper academically published.
- Using social media to enhance your professional profile: advice and potential pitfalls of maintaining a social media presence as a medical professional.
- Transition to specialty training: how to get the most out of the first weeks and months of your speciality training and prepare for the next step of your career.
- Human factors within the surgical care team: flattening hierarchy, empowering juniors to speak up, minimising surgical error and delivering high quality care.
- The law and the surgical practice: covers essential legal issues concerning all stages of the surgical career.
- Making the most of your surgical placement: learn how to benefit the most from your surgical training.
- How to build your surgical portfolio: it's crucial to maintain a portfolio throughout your career. Fiona Myint gives her advice on how.
- Less than full time training: sheds light on rules surrounding flexible training and working.
- How to reduce the risk of bullying: what to watch out for, with Scarlett McNally and Tim Mitchell.
- How to write a surgical paper : how and why to do it, with Tim Lane.