So you want to be a surgeon? London
United Kingdom View in Google Maps
- £30 - £45 for RCS and FDS members, £150 for non-members.
Surgery is one of the most satisfying careers in medicine, offering a hands-on opportunity to save and transform lives. However, becoming a surgeon can be a lengthy and complicated process. We are committed to providing you with the support and resources for entering and progressing through your career.
This one-day event will take a closer look at the steps you’ll take throughout your surgical career and provide the information, advice and practical support you will need to navigate through them.
How will you benefit?
This conference will cover a range of different topics and provide you with:
- An insight into the different opportunities available to you at the start of your surgical career.
- Tips and tricks on how to build your portfolio.
- Advice on how to ace your interview.
- An understanding of the transition into core training.
- In-depth knowledge into the MRCS: when, what and how?
- An overview of other opportunities outside of the pathway; academic research and surgical training.
- Insight into work-life balance.
Who should attend?
This RCS careers day is aimed at medical students and foundation doctors interested in a career in surgery.
Become an affiliate member today and receive an 80% discount on the event ticket price. Discounts to events are one of many of the affiliate membership benefits, other benefits include financial support through a range of research fellowships, awards and grants you can apply for, access to 1,000 free e-journals and online resources providing invaluable study support and regular Specialty Updates in your surgical field designed to keep you up to date. Sign up for affiliate membership today.
How can we help?
We are here to support here to support you throughout you your surgical career. We run a dedicated careers service and provide advice and support for current and future surgeons. Visit our careers section on the website for in-depth careers information, advice and practical support we can offer you as part of your membership, or get in touch with our careers team via email.
Post Event Information
Here is some information about the event after it has been closed