Accreditation and CPD awards
Providing a quality mark for surgical education
From an evening’s continuing professional development (CPD) event to a year-long Master's programme, RCS England awards CPD points and accredits a wide range of surgical education activities.
We want to ensure these activities provide a high-quality learning experience for those who participate. We do this through the process of awarding CPD points and accreditation, verifying the quality of the educational event and checking participants’ comments and level of satisfaction.
We offer education providers a wide range of benefits*, including:
- review by leading surgeons and recommendations on quality enhancement;
- the award of CPD points;
- use of the RCS England logo;
- listing on the RCS England website and/or Accreditation Portal, and in the RCS England publication the Bulletin;
- use of RCS England evaluation support, including questionnaire development, analysis and reporting;
- advertising discount.
*Benefits vary according to accredited activity.
Our Accreditation Portal has further information on how to apply for CPD points and accreditation.
Orthopaedic Evaluation of X-Rays (30 November 2021)
Venue: University Hospital Llandough, Wales
Fee: Free to attend
Orthopaedic Evaluation of X-Rays (OEOX) is a one-day course that provides participants with the knowledge necessary to make safe evaluations of trauma radiographs and minimising the chances of missing fractures.
The course is aimed at junior doctors, early middle grades, and trauma nurse practitioners and surgical care practitioners involved in the care of trauma patients presenting with fractures.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- read and comment on X-rays without waiting for report;
- avoid common missed injuries in orthopaedics;
- order further investigations and make referral when needed.
Please contact Joseph Boktor to book or for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testimonies from event organisers
'It acts as a quality mark for any course or conference you organise'
'It adds additional value to our conference'
'It encourages event attendance'
'It ensures the delegates are receiving a high-quality course, delivered by appropriate speakers'
(Source: RCS England survey of CPD event providers, 2015)