The College Library houses a unique collection of historical significance. Including materials of interest to researchers of the history of medicine, surgery and genealogy:
- Rare books dating back to the 15th century
- Paintings, prints, drawings and photographs
- Archives including the papers of the Royal College of Surgeons of England from the 19th century onwards
- An extensive collection of manuscripts relating to medicine and surgery from the 16th to the 20th centuries
- A historical collection of print journals
- Our combined museum, archive and library collections were awarded Designated status by Arts Council England in 2013.
The College strives to preserve these unique collections so that they never cease to be an asset essential to the advances in medical science.
We'd love to talk to you about supporting our work...
Legacies are vital to the ongoing work of the College in Research, Education & Heritage. Please give us a call to discuss further or to let us know if you'd like to pledge support to the RCS in you will.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can support the vital work of the College in our pursuit of advancing surgical care.
Thanks you for your enquiry. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
Telephone 020 7869 6086 to talk with a member of our fundraising team
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.