Challenge events for the Royal College of Surgeons
Coming up in 2020....
A sporting challenge could not only help you to improve your fitness, the money you raise will help us maintain and improve surgical care for patients through our state of the art training and pioneering research. We have a brand new calendar of challenge events and opportunities for 2020 for the already very sporty and those who would like to try something for the first time.
Update: Some of these events may be cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 response. For more information, please contact our fundraising team (0207 869 6086 or email@example.com), see our COVID-19 updates, and check the organiser's own website.
Below information updated on 19 May 2020.
- Vitality 10,000 - Monday 25 May 2020 - POSTPONED until autumn 2020 - date tbc
- ASICS 10k - Sunday 5 July 2020 - POSTPONED - discussions taking place for new date.
- 2020 Prudential Ride London - Surrey 100 - 15-16 August 2020 - They are currently still hoping to be able to stage Prudential Ride London on 15-16 August 2020. We have 5 places available.
- Great East Run - Half Marathon - 20 September 2020 - At present this run is due to go ahead as planned. We have 5 places available.
- Great South Run - 10 miles - 18 October 2020 - At present this run is due to go ahead as planned. We have 5 places available.
In response to the challenge of COVID-19, RCS Council members Sue Hill and Tim Mitchell, who were due to start their cycle from Land's End to John O'Groats on 16 April, have regrettably taken the decision to postpone their cycle ride. They feel that it's sensible not to go ahead at this difficult time.
Sue and Tim and their chosen charity Myeloma UK would like to thank everyone who has donated to their Virgin Money page so far, and they will arrange a new date as soon as they can.
If you are interested in taking part at one of the above events or are doing a sporting challenge in support of the RCS, please email us and register your interest.
We'd love to talk to you about supporting our work...
Legacies are vital to the ongoing work of the College in Research, Education & Heritage. Please give us a call to discuss further or to let us know if you'd like to pledge support to the RCS in you will.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can support the vital work of the College in our pursuit of advancing surgical care.
Thanks you for your enquiry. We will reply to you as soon as possible.
Telephone 020 7869 6086 to talk with a member of our fundraising team
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm.